April 13, 2011

terrariums...

I subscribe to Etsy's video podcasts in iTunes and while listening to a few of my favorites I ran across this video of Kimberly Sevilla of Rose Red & Lavender.



I had never heard of these little wonders before...but you better believe I'm going to try this soon! 
I've already begun my hunt for the right materials (apothecary jars, moss, rocks, etc).  Most of the materials are sold at retail stores like Michaels and Hobby Lobby, but since half the fun (for me) comes from tracking down the perfect ingredients, I will be hitting up my local thrift shops.  I've also been considering using all natural and found materials like moss from the woods (perhaps even from the woods that will surround me on May 28th?) and rocks from my childhood collection. 

I'm also considering incorporating my vintage mushrooms from D. Blumchen & Company.  All of the crepe paper and supplies that I'm using to make the flowers for my wedding have been purchased through Blumchen.  I'm so in love with their vintage collection!

WarmCountryMeadows is an Etsy shop that sells wonderful little DIY Terrarium Kits for only $20.
 

Another seriously cool shop is doodlebirdie.  Just think how amazing these terrariums would be in my new kitchen!  Haaaa!  It nearly takes my breath away!  What a fabulous find on Etsy.


Here's just a few more links if you are interested in learning more...

Let me know (if you live in my neck of the woods) if you'd like to join me in making one of these beauties!  
I shall have a terrarium party if it is the last thing I do.
(code for nerd party)

5 comments:

pcg said...

Hm...those are pretty cute.

Anonymous said...

What a nice article. Thank you for including my terrarium kit.
Dixie

DoodleBird said...

Looks great! Thanks so much for featuring some of my terrariums!! xoxo

Katherine Ross said...

oh those vintage mushrooms are amazing. i need them.

Jamie said...

those are so whimsical and cutsie! =)

jk. they are pretty sweet though.