November 7, 2011

Updates in the shop

How was your weekend?
I've got so much to share with you including
some exciting news about an upcoming show, new paintings, and new updates in my shop!

First things first (and the rest in the days to come):


and


 That list mentions just a few of my (now completed) goals to prepare my shop for the holidays.
I still consider myself to be in the "beefing up" stages- adding new items for sale is my number one goal this year.  Updating my profile, policies, photos, descriptions, tags, and titles is also a high priority.




And I've been wrestling and pondering the idea of prices for quite some time now.
It's one of the MOST challenging aspects of being an artist.  I feel pretty good about the changes I've made so far.  And once I can settle on a more affordable system of printing my work,
the price will conintue to slowly drop until I reach a more comfortable (for me and the buyer) price range.  Am I telling you too much?  I guess it's all just part of the growing process as a seller.  I hope you can understand!





At this point, I just need to get the price of production down before I think about anything else.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter.  Etsy is very competitive, which I love because it is really challenging me to think practically and efficiently about the process of producing and selling from start to finish.

These are just a few of my thoughts today...so much more to share in the days to come.

No comments: