February 27, 2012

Monday inspiration

I really can't think of a better way to start the week than by oogling over plants and other people's sketchbooks: two of my favorite things.  My fingers are itching for Spring and to be outside and to paint outside with my waterbrush (which I have yet to use, by the way).

pinterest

RealSimple.com

Justina Blakeney

pinterest

Lizzy Stewart

Irina Troitskaya
I've also been transfixed lately by the brilliant designer Lotta Jansdotter.  Her studio, her patterns, her products fill me with dreams of becoming a textile designer... but then I remember... I'm not a textile designer, nor do I really want to be... do I?  Maybe I can just start painting more patterns- they've always inspired me!


Oh!  And these beautiful rock paintings by Louise van Terheijden.



Anyways, I hope you enjoy.  I'll have more paintings to share this week so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Oh my goodness I just love those sketchbooks, and that painting at the end was amazing, I love the neutral colors.