May 26, 2012

blessings and bumps

click to learn more

There are so many things to be thankful for...
a job.
a house.
a beautiful life.
a husband.
sunny spring weather.
the swing in my backyard.
fruit smoothies.
a comfy bed.

But sometimes, there are bumps along the way...
losing a job.
re-imagining your future.
the stress of having a business.

The blessings and the bumps are all an equal part of life.  The bumps remind us of the blessings.  The blessings remind us of the bumps. 

For Seth and I this past week was, in all honesty, a little bumpy.  And since I absolutely cannot seperate my personal life from my professional life, my painter brain from my wife brain, I'm afraid the stress from one carries over to the other (and visa versa).

One thing I am thankful for this week is our house.  It is truly my place of rest where I can sit on the couch and drink tea and stare out the window and listen to the birds as I fall asleep.  It's where I can paint and cook and kiss my husband.  It's where my stress melts away.

I've been thinking a lot about these house portraits lately because inside all these houses is where life really happens.  It's where stories are told and where blessings are given.  It's where we all want to run when something bad happens or when we want to celebrate an unexpected surprise.  I want people to talk about their homes when their guests see the portrait hanging on the wall, to tell their friends stories about their homes, and to share the portraits with the ones they love.

So now, you can in the form of a gift certificate.  You can share all of these stories with the people that mean the most in your life.  I'd be so honored to help you do that, for I truly know the value of a home.

No comments: