May 16, 2012

Custom House Portraits!

Custom House Portrait
8x10" Watercolor on paper, mounted
Can you believe it?  I'm painting houses!  Stepping outside of my normal routine of tall giraffes and twisty trees and woodland creatures, I'm finally doing custom house portraits.  Something, honestly, I wasn't too sure about at first.  But come to find out, I really love it and find myself wishing I could paint more!  I mean, just think of all the stories that a single house could tell.  Young couples getting married, babies being born, meals being shared, families moving in and moving out.  Years and years of stories.  I like to think that if my house could tell the story of my family, it'd be happy and peaceful and equally passionate.  Does your house have a story?  I now find myself day dreaming about all the houses I see as I drive or walk through my neighborhood, each with its own unique story to tell.

Here's a bit of good news: if you are interested in ordering a custom house portrait to either hang in your own home or give as a very thoughtful and generous gift to a loved one, I'm now offering them in two different sizes: 8x10 and 9x12 in.  I would love to paint your story!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea and the new painting!

-Kim K.

Unknown said...

thanks kimberly king. i'm pretty jazzed about it myself. :)