August 19, 2013

scenes from the weekend









I can't help but love this summer. It's been rainy and warm, then cool and breezy and perfect for opening the studio windows. At this point the flowers have overtaken most of the garden in such a perfect way (although the garden in the photo is unfortunately not my own).

Our neighbor's kids have been popping over more often to accompany me while I paint or to watch me make dinner and steal a snack or two. But mostly they've been begging to ride Tag. Kids at their age (7 and 11) are so much fun to be around- so full of energy and enthusiasm it really makes me feel old! Since Seth and I have no kids of our own, we've been equally happy and confused as to why they'd want to hang out with us so much. I think Tag might have something to do with it. ;)

No comments: