September 8, 2011

Autumn...

As my art shows are winding down, I'm thinking a lot about Autumn...

My next show is this coming weekend in Chicago (Wells Street Fall Festival). 
And I sort of have mixed feelings about it...

A part of me is excited to still have a few shows ahead and a few more opportunities to sell my work...but there is this other side to my story that longs for a slower paced life, one that isn't filled with a list of things left undone after a hard day of work.  It feels like all I've been doing lately is simply preparing for the next thing in my life without having much time to just relax and enjoy this season of my life (which I really want to do!).

photo by Sparks of Fire
Autumn is my favorite time of year!  It'd be such a shame to miss the changing leaves and brilliant colors, the smell of pumpkin cookies in the oven, and the sight of farmers out in their fields as the sun rises behind them, and the warm expectation of the approaching holiday season.

photo by Lisa Russo Photography
So as the summer draws to a close and the air starts to cool, my mind will be on one thing this Autumn...

photo by Pewter Pumpkin
Sitting down more often and enjoying the things I love most...like pumpkin spice coffee and swinging on the porch swing with my husband.

What is your favorite thing about Fall?

5 comments:

Jamie said...

mmmmm...pumpkin spice latte...

Have you ever been to the pumpkin patch/apple orchard out past Peoria? It's amazing!! I will get you the info and you seriously have to go because you will love it and never want to leave.

Favorite things about fall: crisp air and hoodies.

Unknown said...

yes! seth wore his first hoodie of the season this past weekend when we were out sitting by the fire. it was soooo great.

i absolutely want to go to the apple orchard! put it on my to do list. maybe you and justin can come with us for a double date?

Sam | ashore said...

I love how fresh everything feels in fall. I don't always deal with change very well, and fall always reminds me to take it with grace.

and of course there are sweaters and scarves - I can't wait to bring those out from under the bed.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

I love autumn- i think it's the most inspiring part of the year- the way all the leaves change.

Coffee and Soup are my fav for autumn

Unknown said...

mmm...how about wearing a scarf whilst eating hot soup? yes.