October 13, 2011

Apples!

Click here for the recipe for this extra tasty homemade applesauce.
It truly is the perfect blend of sweetness and tartness with a little cinnamon twist.
Thanks Corrie for introducing me to this chunky delight.
:)

Jonathan apples are the best.  They not only make exceptional applesauce,
but they add a special crunchy sweetness to pizza, or spread the applesauce on a pork loin and bake it in the oven for a juicy surprise.
I'm think I'll use my leftover apples for a nice Autumn apple pie tonight.
Yey for Fall!

3 comments:

Katherine Ross said...

Ooh did you go apple picking, too?

I think I'll try making the applesauce this weekend. And please please share your recipe for pizza! It looks so interestingly tasty!

Unknown said...

Well, I just kind of made it up actually. My favorite homemade pizzas have sliced (fresh) or stewed tomatoes (or you can use sauce) with fresh spinach and feta cheese. Usually I use 2 or 3 cheeses...parmesan + feta + mozerella is a good blend!

You can also add sliced apples, sausage, garlic, butter, salt/pepper.

But feta is the money maker cheese in my opinion. :)

Then bake at like...425 or something until it browns. It's *delicious.*

Katherine Ross said...

We like mozzarella, bbq chicken, and cilantro... I'll have to try feta and spinach (and apples if I can talk Chris into it haha)