December 28, 2011

I think I'm a 50 year old woman at heart.
I'm beginning to love all of the things that I used to make fun of my mother for loving.
Like shoulder pads and big glasses,
and saying things like, "oh my" and "I'll be jiggered."

And birds.

I can't help it.


I spotted these beauties one morning as I came ripping around that corner on my way to work.
These ducks nearly ate my bumper for breakfast.

Well of course I had to stop and take pictures.
And yes, that's definately something my mother would do.



Would you just look at them?!  I was practically chasing them down to get their picture.


So pretty with their spots and bluish shades of gray.
One of them even had a little afro on top of his head.
Can you see it there in the center?







I can't wait to paint them!  I even found a little gray striped feather, which I kept for a souvenir of course.
Does anyone know what kind of ducks these are? 
Isn't it rare to see them in Illinois so late in December?

Maybe I should just ask my mother.

3 comments:

Reva McFadden said...

Mich,

Ha ha!! I'll be jiggered! What a great post! :-) Seriously, love the ducks. They look like some that we saw in Florida in November. The wind must have gotten them off course. ?? Glad you were able to get their picture.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Muscovy Ducks...I think.

-Kim-

Unknown said...

haha well illinois is a looong way from Florida! Whatever brought them here, I'm thankful for. They make my drive to work more enjoyable. I keep seeing them down in the creek just swimming around. Muscovy ducks? They resemble them but seem prettier...I don't know.