April 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Hawk

Cooper's Hawk
9x12 in. Mixed Media on paper, mounted
In honor of my 25th birthday today { yay! }, I wanted to share my latest painting and one of my favorite birds: the Cooper's Hawk.  His gaze is so intense and feathers so beautifully blue!  I love painting birds with distinct patterns and personalities.  I like to imagine him high up in a tree top overlooking the forest floor, turning his head slowly back and forth as he hunts for a fresh meal.

Have you ever seen a Cooper's Hawk in person?
Was he wearing a hat?
I hope so.

On another note, Seth and I are off for a weekend of adventure { hopefully the good kind } riding horses!  Wish us well as we leave today.  See you next week friends!


3 comments:

Katherine Ross said...

Oh, yay! Happy Birthday! :)

I have never seen a Cooper's Hawk, but if I ever do, I'll certainly check to see if he's wearing a hat!

ersimarina said...

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a Cooper Hawk and boy! Am I lucky! It's a gorgeous illustration, I just love it.

A bit late but... Happy Birthday!

Gulcin said...

It's a little bir late but happy birthday!! I Wish you have a great,creative wonderful new age!
xx
Gulcin