April 13, 2012

pleasant things of life...






 This week I've really been relishing my quiet evenings alone painting, listening to this audio book, watching the most adorable mama bunny in our front yard take care of her young, making small dinners for one, and taking care of household projects.  { Seth has spent the week in New Orleans for work. }

My new favorite place to paint has been our kitchen counter where, in the evenings, I can sit and watch the sun pour in as it sets, make a pot of coffee, and listen to my favorite radio program while I paint swirly trees and furry bears.

It all still feels a bit strange.
I mean, less than a year ago I didn't have a place at home to paint.  Well actually, I didn't have my own home, a husband, a little neighborhood among many other things!  In just a years time my life has changed so radically!  I feel my life has fallen into such a pleasant routine. I am reminded every day of my blessings and that verse in James that I love so much...

"16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

1 comment:

Julie Cottrell said...

michelle.
i love this. it sounds so peaceful. something i'm dying for :)
do enjoy it girl