April 26, 2012

Roses and a few more things...


I have much to share with you today, not the least of which is this new painting I whipped up before my rose bouquet died.  They were so gorgeous while they lasted.  Painting them is my little way of preserving their fleeting beauty.  Aren't you so glad it's Spring?  I can't wait to paint more flowers!  Like this purple bloom I discovered yesterday in my back yard.  What is it, I wonder...


Speaking of painting flowers...did you know I am now offering plein air painting classes?  The classes are designed to be a fun way of getting outdoors and an excuse to learn something new.  But don't worry, the fees are minimal- I tried to make it affordable for everyone yet still worth my trip.  Just click the yellow butterfly on the left to learn more!

Did you notice in the midst of my blog redesign that I got Twitter?  Oh gosh, I really don't know much about it at all, which is why I need your help!  Follow me, and I will follow you, and you can teach me how to use it!  What's the quota on updating anyways?  Once a day?  Twice?  Three times a day?  I'm so clueless.

Anyways, I've got much more to show you in the days to come including new paintings and studio photos.  Let's just say I've been doing some Spring cleaning, and it sure feels good!  So, when you finish your gardening and clean the dirt from your nails, check back here for a little surprise.

4 comments:

ersimarina said...

I can't find your Twitter button on the blog, maybe you forgot to upload it? I'll be happy to follow!

The number of tweets per day varies wildly. Some people tweet tens of times a day and others -like me- only when there's something specific to say. I think something in-between would be the best choice :)

Katherine Ross said...

I believe you've got yourself a patch of clematis! My mom had a ton of them in her garden and they've always been a favorite of mine :)

Good luck with all your tweeting... I'm not on Twitter myself. I like the updates to the blog, especially the Etsy feed at the bottom. Nice touch!

Unknown said...

Ersi, the Twitter button is at the top right...did I do that right? haha as you can tell, I'm not a computer whiz by any means. I think you can just click on my Twitter name (ArtofMichelleS) and it'll open my profile. right?

Thanks Katherine! It means a lot coming from you, little miss graphic designer! I'm wondering if the clematis will spread...like if I transplanted it and gave it more to climb on would it grow in the number of blooms?

Katherine Ross said...

Hmm... I know clematis is difficult to transplant, because the root structure runs pretty deep. I would maybe google it to see what is best. My mom had it winding around a bird house, and that usually had a whole cluster of blooms that would last all summer.