May 1, 2012

Rainy day painting class

Blue Tail Feathers
6x12 in. Watercolor on paper, mounted



I had the great pleasure this weekend of taking an amazing watercolor class by Cynthia Kukla at a little local gem (good word Sarah!) known as Sugar Grove Nature Center.  In spite of my shyness and apprehension in walking into a classroom by myself, I was so blessed to be able to be a part of such a friendly and talented bunch of local artists!  The Lord really answered my prayers and helped me overcome my timidity in connecting with my local community.  It was so good to spend the rainy Sunday afternoon in such a beautiful place and among such lovely people!  I'm so looking forward to Cynthia's summer class and learning her summer palette.  



In the meantime, I think I could spend just about every day in the Nature Center's bird watching room.  My favorite part: the live speakers that enable you to sit comfortably inside while listening to the beautiful bird songs outdoors!  You can literally walk right up to the window and watch the birds flit and flutter around as they nibble on all the treats.  I got the sense that the birds were quite used to admirers...



Check out the Sugar Grove Nature Center's Facebook page for more pictures of local birds, native flowers, and other amazing events.  I think sometime soon I'm going to head back for an afternoon of drawing nude models...eh hem...nude bird models, that is.  ;)

1 comment:

Paula Borchert said...

Such nice pitures. I love those arts.