March 25, 2013

12 Bird Challenge: A Film


*This video is high definition and may take a few minutes to load. But I promise, it's worth the wait. :)


I'm so excited to announce that all of the paintings from my 12 Bird Challenge are in the shop and available for purchase here! To celebrate and to answer some questions I've been getting about how the birds were created and how they're mounted I created a fun little film to show you. It takes you through the whole process- from inspiration to final painting- in 3 short minutes. I'm really starting to love these short films! It's so fun to remember how it all started and then see it all come together in the end. Hope you enjoy.

Thank you so very much for following along for the past 12 days! Your support is so so appreciated. 
And even with the foot and a half of snow on the ground right now, I still want to say HAPPY SPRING!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the video! So great to see your process after following along Instagram. What ink do you use for the white/gray accents? Thanks for sharing!

-Carly
http://carlymartinart.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks Carly! The white is Daler Rowney FW Acrylic Artists Ink and the gray/silver is Winsor & Newton Designers Gouache. It's metallic and sparkles in the light. I just love it!

Caitlin said...

Beautiful video :) Love to see the process- thanks for sharing!

Artsy Matilda said...

This whole entire presentation is simply lovely! You are such a gift. Thanks for sharing it with us ... and happy spring to you!
Cheri

Katherine Ross said...

Hahaha, I love your little dance at the end! What a great way to capture all the detail and document the entire series, Michelle. Well done! :)

Brenda said...

Thank you so much for sharing your process! I enjoyed the film - you are very gifted!

rox said...

I absolutely love your work- and what an inspiring video! this makes me miss painting!