July 19, 2011

Mother Sparrow...

I must admit...
out of all the exotic birds in the world,
I think sparrows are among my very favorite.
Do you ever see the ones with red stripes on their heads and tails?

Mother Sparrow 4x6 in Watercolor on paper

There are so many different types of sparrows (over 40 different species),
and they come in all shapes and sizes.
But I think what impresses me the most is how faithfully
and inexhaustibly they care for their families.

Which is precicely why I've created this new painting!
I actually have a white mat that fits this painting quite nicely
and measures 4x6 (interior) and fits into an 8x10 frame.

And once I have an ounce of free time, I'll be taking (and posting)
many more pictures of this new work because one is just
simply not enough to get a good look. :)

No comments: