November 18, 2011

A new wintery painting...




I started this next painting on a bit of whim.  Now that I think about it, I've been collecting inspiration for months and just didn't realize it.  Like, for example, when I went mushroom hunting in the woods a few months ago and envied all the skinny trees and the mossy forest floor...



and when I went on a photoshoot with Honna and her three siblings and took pictures on top of the giant twisting roots...


I've been seeing these antlers everywhere on Etsy (and even purchased a pair from this shop)... 


 And these arctic foxes I've been secretly obsessing over- their fuzzy white coats and dark eyes are entrancing.  Oh!  And how about this ridiculously gorgeous and woodsy treehouse with the antler chandelier?


Ok so maybe all of these different images don't quite connect...what do antlers have to do with tree roots and arctic foxes?  Well, hopefully in the next few days, I can show you.

7 comments:

Carole Poirot said...

I love it when different bits of inspiration result in one beautiful piece of artwork. It'll look amazing, I can see it already. Have a lovely weekend xo

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous!!

Katherine Ross said...

I like where this one is going. A lot.

Bonnie said...

This artwork looks so beautiful. I love the use of red.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Anonymous said...

Omygoodness, the arctic fox is like a white Koda, with a tail...

Unknown said...

ppffftt nice. he's sneaking into my paintings that little guy.

Unknown said...

I'll be finishing this painting up very soon for anyone who landed here from my Etsy listing. Check back to see the final product! Eek! I'm excited to share.