June 21, 2012

and dogs...







In case you haven't heard, this isn't a dog blog.  OR a cat blog for that matter.  Although, I think either one of those options sound pretty amazing, especially with all of these pet pictures I've been getting lately!  Are these not the cutest dogs?  It'll be hard to choose, for sure.  I know there are still a handful of people out there who've told me about their pets, but haven't quite had time to send the picture, so I think I'll wait about another week or so before I make my final decision on who will be the lucky winners of two custom painted pet portraits!

In the mean time, I'll be catching up on my Downton Abbey while I paint and dream about a vacation in the mountains.  I recently stumbled on this amazing blog of painter and founding contributor to Kinfolk Magazine Lily Stockman, who I'm now convinced just might be my aesthetic soul mate.  I immediately connected with her work and have fallen in love with her blog, partly because she happens to be on a vacation of my dreams in Montana and is posting pictures about it, partly because of her studio and overall aesthetic, and partly because of her paintings.  Anyways, it's a little embarrassing to keep this rant going, but alls I'm sayin is read her bio.  I want to be her friend.

via
Oh!  and speaking of vacation...Seth and I are wanting to maybe take a not-so-expensive trip this winter.  Any ideas?  I'm clueless about vacationing.  Tips would also be helpful!  Thank you! 

2 comments:

Isabel said...

beautiful dogs and cats!!!:O) Love them all

rachelfiorenza said...

I know those little ladies in the first photo. And Sadie, of course.