June 8, 2012

drawing outdoors






I've officially taken over our front porch!  There are a few blissful hours every morning when the flowers are just waking up and the sun sits behind the house and the birds flock to the front yard to chase small butterflies that it's most pleasant to sit and watch it all unfold.  But mostly it's just nice to have a quiet place to think and read and draw.  I'm brewing up quite a few new ideas for larger works and can't wait to share them with you all soon!  I've got one more show this weekend and then a few weeks to catch my breath and enjoy the slower pace of life that Seth and I seem to thrive on.

I'll have some before and after photos soon of our little front porch make-over.  I think you're really going to like what we've done.  Do you have a nice place to sit outside this summer?  I hope so.  I'd love to see pictures!  If you've got any ideas for porch make-overs or any pictures you've posted on your blog or Pinterest, link them in the comments section and I'll take a look!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Isabel said...

I Love sitting outside and enjoying all the birds and my flowers:O)Im not liking all the mosquitos though:( Beautiful sketches love how detailed and organized they are:O)

Unknown said...

We have a giant wrap-around porch at my house, and when it isn't too buggy, I LOVE our front porch swing :)
When it IS buggy, our back porch is screened and almost as nice. Love the drawings! I've been creepin' on your blog for a while now so I figured I'd better comment! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments! I am so jealous of your wrap-around porch Mary. You should see how tiny our porch is! But I still love it. It's one of the few places of shade in our entire yard- I want to make the most of it!

Flogistix said...

I really like the content of your post. . .thanks a lot for showing it to me..keep it up. . .really much appreciated...
vapor recovery tower