October 24, 2012

more portraits

Custom House Portrait
watercolor & collage on paper, 8x10"
Custom House Portrait
watercolor & collage on paper, 8x10"

Building Portrait
watercolor & collage on paper, 8x10"
I wish I could share all the portraits I've been working on lately, but most of them are being sweetly given as Christmas gifts this year.  I'd hate to ruin a good surprise!  But here are just a few of my favorites that I can share.

First, there's the pretty brick house and white porch with crimson leaves blowing in the Autumn breeze and the golden-green front door (adorable).  Then there's the two little poodles guarding the Kilzer's very green and growing patio.  And finally, a portrait for my last employer- a "thank you" gift from me to them.  I worked downstairs mostly, in the children's book and gift shop, and decorated those big front windows for all the seasons.  Then, I moved into an office in the back and traded the sunny glass for computer monitors (that's the ADI part of it).  It's really a great old building in downtown Lincoln with lots of character (and ghosts that walk the stairs at night- eek!).

Hope your week is full and happy.  I'm excited to share more projects with you soon!

(Click here for more examples or to purchase your own custom portrait.)

2 comments:

Jane said...

Wonderful and happy watercolors , love the notes you put into your works...make you wanna sing :-))

Anonymous said...

Looks like your'e keeping yourself busy these days. Cool Beans!