November 1, 2012

2 NEW wintery prints


Collecting Antlers
archival print 8x10"
$18.00

Cooper's Hawk
archival print 9x12"
$25.00
Over the course of the next few weeks my Etsy shop will be undergoing a major remodel in which new items like these two wintery prints will be listed and product photos will be updated.  I've already changed the section titles and reduced many prices on my prints to make it easier for all you organized folks who have already started Christmas shopping!

These two prints are a couple of my favorites, and I've decided to release them together in the shop.  Collecting Antlers and the Cooper's Hawk have this rich Prussian Blue I use so often to evoke a cool wintery feeling perfect for this time of year.  With the earth so cold and bare with forgotten leaves and life, my inclination is to curl up inside with the candles burning and huddle with my space heater over my drawing board long into the night.  But there is still another side of me eager to explore the leaf-less woods in search of things like creamy white antlers and fluffy winter birds.

As you drive to see your families this holiday season, scan your eyes to the treetops and count the number of Cooper and Red Tail Hawks you find along the roadside.  They are easy to spot this time of year and cute as ever with their fuzzy faces and thick coat of feathers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this site – it's a great blog – may i suggest you get an rss feed.

Unknown said...

Hmm...I do believe I have an rss feed located on the left side of the page. You can subscribe to posts and comments. Is that what you mean?