July 8, 2013

Riding Mules








Last week was eventful, to say the least. I'm not sure where to start, but I have lots of pictures to share, so I suppose I'll start there. Seth was home all week with meetings in the office (the office we live three blocks from) and with the weather so gorgeous took me all over the place for evening adventures. It was so fun. I'm not used to having him around during the week and felt blessed to have so many dates with him in one week!

Ok, I should probably stop here and say that the week began well and ended poorly with a trip to the ER and a head injury on my part. Seth and I aren't the "stay at home and read on a Friday night" kind of couple but are more like "let's do something because I'm tired of just sitting here." That's not to say we're reckless...maybe just adventurous? I don't know. It's just that our hobbies have a certain amount of risk involved...like riding things that could potentially throw a person off...

that's all I'll say about that.

Anyways, this particular evening of riding mules was safe and relaxing. My in-laws live on beautiful farms with lots of fun animals to visit (remember my wedding?), and Seth and I decided it'd be fun to just saddle up and ride around the yard. I practiced my picture-taking skills (always) and played with the farm kittens while Seth visited with granny and gramps atop his pretty auburn mule.

Today I'm taking it easy and hopefully working up some sketches that involve a pretty farm with flowers and horses set against a dark blue starry night sky. More pictures to come!

No comments: