October 9, 2012

Let's talk chickens.

Henrietta
18x24" oil on canvas $600




Those of you who follow this blog with any regularity are, by now, acquainted with Henrietta.  She's the Barred Rock chicken who came running up to me the minute I stepped out of my car at Prairie Creek Farms, and she is simply adorable.  You should see her strutting around the farm, occasionally bedding down in the soft garden soil to lay her eggs.  When I visited the farm, Lisa gave me a dozen farm fresh eggs laid by Henrietta and her friends.  The eggs have large dark yolk that, according to Lisa, add a rich color and flavor to anything you bake.

The reason I visited the farm in the first place was to get references for a few commissioned pieces Lisa is envisioning in her home.  I've been excited about this project for months, and now that my show is over I've got time to do it!  I plan on doing a full feature on the blog once the paintings are finished and hanging in her home.

Speaking of commissions, have you ever had a vision for a piece of artwork in your home?  Perhaps there's an empty spot on your wall you'd like to fill with something specific to your taste?  I've been taking on more and more custom work all the time and would love for you to be a part of it with me!  Let me know your idea(s) and we can brainstorm together to fill those empty voids in your home with something original and personal.  My email is Michelle@TheArtofMichelle.com if you'd like to chat!




No comments: