March 20, 2013

12 Bird Challenge: Flying Finch

Flying Finch
Watercolor and Ink on paper, mounted 6x8" oval



Inspired by the finches that visit my feeder every day. They are tiny and bright and have the cutest little squeaky songs. I hear them every morning as I sit and eat breakfast at our kitchen counter and see them darting past the window when I wash the dishes in the evening. Aren't they just so cheerful?

Spring feels so close doesn't it? As I write this post I sit with the window cracked and the light pouring in the office/studio and the sound of different birds singing outside. I am just SO excited for Spring and painting these birds has really put me in a good mood! Can you believe there are just two more paintings left? Just a reminder- all 12 original paintings will be up for sale on Monday, March 25th at 9am CST. They're all mounted and ready to hang- no framing necessary! I'm so excited to show you the entire collection together and will have at least one more surprise for you by then. Thank you for following along thus far!

2 comments:

Julie Cottrell said...

girl i am just loving all these birds!! you are THAT good. b/c i normally don't like birds.

Unknown said...

haha! julie that's hilarious. birds aren't for everyone, but i can't help but love them!