October 24, 2011

Painting: the final step!

Now that I've shown you steps 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 in completing a painting,



let me show you the final step:

High He Rode 6x12 Watercolor on mounted paper

adding last minute details,


painting the sides white,


and sealing with a spray varnish.


I then let the piece dry overnight to be scanned in the morning with a high resolution scanner.
The image is ready to be sent to the printers if I choose to make a print series from this painting.
It'll be listed for sale in my shop soon!

The art boards I use don't require any framing and can be hung directly to the wall like this...





Pretty nice huh?
I buy these wooden panels here (and love them!).

4 comments:

Carole Poirot said...

Such a nice and brave thing to show everybody how you create your art. It's beautiful and those wooden panels are great. xo

erleichda said...

your painting are just amazing! the make me dream of a fairytale world....

Unknown said...

Aw thanks for the lovely comments!

Katherine Ross said...

I love seeing your process, especially all the bits and pieces you share with us along the way. And I agree with Mademoiselle Poirot... those wooden panels are fantastic. They really set off your paintings!