August 29, 2013

the Foster Farm


There once was a house so full of love and happiness that even the flowers seemed to overflow with joy. The horses and mules were fat with green and yellow grass and the cats napped in the hay loft in the late afternoon heat. Swallows flew great miles to raise their young here, teaching them to swoop through the rafters of the old barn, past the heads of grazing critters and wide-eyed cats, and out into the sunny pastures to rest. The grandkids would visit, pet the dogs, ride the horses, cook over a fire, then grow, confess their love to another, and dance 'til dawn beneath the starry sky.

*        *        *

Every house has a story, and while I may have missed the first part of this particular story, I'm so blessed to be a part of this next chapter. The house above belongs to Seth's grandparents and is only a few miles from where we live. I blog about it often (here, herehere, and here for example) as it's one of my very favorite places to visit. I'm hoping to put together a little film about it soon just to share its charm and beauty with all of you.

Can you believe August is nearly through? Just a few days left to tell your story with my custom House Portraits at their current prices. Browse my quickly-growing collection here and make your purchase soon as spots for Christmas orders are already filling up!

No comments: